I don't like to follow recipes.

I've had so many people ask me for my recipes, and the truth is, I don't have any - it all just comes out of my head in the moment. However, I do feel like I can give some guidelines to help you find your own talent for creating delicious, healthy, vitamin rich meals, while discovering a joy for cooking you may have never had.

*note - this totally doesn't work for baking - but we don't want sugar anyway! Let's cook!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?

Because he didn't want to be fried and there was an oven on the other side.

Faux fried chicken (and it's super healthy accompanying dishes) took such a short time, this was literally a last minute dinner...of delectable goodness.

I wanted lean protein, and nutrient packed veggies (of course) but was craving something a bit more sinful and this oven baked chicken did the trick, without all the sin.


Chix On Hash

Pour cereal in ziplock
(I chose Special K)
Add spices to ziplock
(I chose lemon/pepper)
Crush mix up 
Spread mix on pan/foil
Roll raw chicken pieces in mix
Cook in oven, 350-ish for 30 min-ish

Cube potatoes
(I chose sweet potatoes)
Brush olive oil/season
Cook in oven 30 min

Olive oil in a pan
Add tomatoes
Add onions
(I chose white)
Add cooked potatoes

In a separate pan:
Saute leeks in olive oil and lemon


A potato hash is very open to inventiveness - add any type of veggie you have.  This kind of oven baked chicken is great for parties as well, as it's easy to make a ton of.

Everyone will cross the road for your version of oven baked greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell me what you think!