I don't like to follow recipes.

I've had so many people ask me for my recipes, and the truth is, I don't have any - it all just comes out of my head in the moment. However, I do feel like I can give some guidelines to help you find your own talent for creating delicious, healthy, vitamin rich meals, while discovering a joy for cooking you may have never had.

*note - this totally doesn't work for baking - but we don't want sugar anyway! Let's cook!

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Greatest Breakfast Of All Time

This was formerly known as "Amy's Oatmeal Surprise" but I'm really trying to get away from the "Amy's ______ Surprise" food naming format... not that it isn't awesome.

It's not so much cooking as it is combining products in this breakfast idea, but it's something we eat almost every day. When you have breakfast as great as this it really sets the foundation for what you will eat (and cook) for the rest of the day.

Cook plain oatmeal on the stove
Add flax seeds to be super healthy

Top with plain yogurt
Add almonds, walnuts, blueberries, and blackberries
Serve with an orange

Bam. The most heart-healthiest breakfast you could have. For those of you with high cholesterol, this incorporates almost everything on your "foods that lower cholesterol" list.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I <3 this Amy!

    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is killer I'm sure to try it. On a side note do you dig on the greek yogurt? I'm currently hooked on that
    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Do tell me what you think!