I don't like to follow recipes.

I've had so many people ask me for my recipes, and the truth is, I don't have any - it all just comes out of my head in the moment. However, I do feel like I can give some guidelines to help you find your own talent for creating delicious, healthy, vitamin rich meals, while discovering a joy for cooking you may have never had.

*note - this totally doesn't work for baking - but we don't want sugar anyway! Let's cook!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give A Yam

Sweet Potato Fries taste better than french fries. Fact. This southern cousin of the potato is the perfect super bowl snack for your Louisiana relatives and Saints bandwagoners alike.

Sweet potatoes are absolutely packed with nutrients. Vitamins A, C, and B6, potassium, iron, and fiber will keep you in tip-top emotional and physical shape for the big game. What a sneaky way to add some nutrition to your snacks.

Go Saints!

Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Leave the skin on!
(It's packed with nutrients)
Slice sweet potatoes into fry shapes

(I've gone with classic fry shape)
Spread your raw fries out on a pan

(I chose a cookie sheet with foil)

Paint your fries with olive oil
Sprinkle on Sea Salt

Squeeze a little lemon on it all

Cajun it up with some Cayenne


Place in the oven

I cook 350 for about 40 min

Test a fry - crunchier, longer


Enjoy!

note: Yams are not Sweet Potatoes, more on that in the future, but for now, just don't give a yam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell me what you think!