I don't like to follow recipes.

I've had so many people ask me for my recipes, and the truth is, I don't have any - it all just comes out of my head in the moment. However, I do feel like I can give some guidelines to help you find your own talent for creating delicious, healthy, vitamin rich meals, while discovering a joy for cooking you may have never had.

*note - this totally doesn't work for baking - but we don't want sugar anyway! Let's cook!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sir Salmon Rushdie

There will be no assassination attempts on this salmon - it's too delicious. I love a grilled salmon, or salmon fired on a cedar plank, but when low on resources and time, this is the perfect, delectable fish dish.

We all hear about getting fish oils in our supplements, and how important omega-3's are to our diet, I find the easiest way to go about ensuring my intake is to eat "delicious fishes" every week, which for me include salmon, tuna, red snapper, and orange roughy. Salmon is a great choice for those looking to have a "less fishy" fish.

Salmon Rushdie

Heat oven high, 450-ish
Spread sliced shallots on pan
(any onions would do)
Place fresh Salmon filet over shallots

Sprinkle with S&P to taste

(I used celery salt)
Cover Salmon with herbs

(I used parsley, dill is great)
Add a few capers

Cover with
sliced whole lemon

Cook for 10 minutes in oven
Cool under a foil tent for 10 more minutes

This salmon is so good you'll be writing controversial and award winning novels about it in no time.


What's that next to the salmon? That is flowering kale, which is an awesome "green" although it's purple. I serve something green with every meal I cook. This was prepared by chopping, steaming, and adding some lemon. You'll be amazed how good that tastes compared to frozen spinach!

Toast points made with whole grain bread, smoked cheddar, and fresh tomato grilled in the oven finish this salmon dish off beautifully.

This meal was made in under 30 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. LOL Salmon Rushdie, hehe
    This looks good! I have been doing the planked recently gonna give this one a go!
    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Do tell me what you think!