I don't like to follow recipes.

I've had so many people ask me for my recipes, and the truth is, I don't have any - it all just comes out of my head in the moment. However, I do feel like I can give some guidelines to help you find your own talent for creating delicious, healthy, vitamin rich meals, while discovering a joy for cooking you may have never had.

*note - this totally doesn't work for baking - but we don't want sugar anyway! Let's cook!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

GUEST BLOGGER: Chef Andie Pfleger

My 13 year old niece Andie is a cooking machine.  When I developed this food blog, I had her in mind, as we would talk on a weekly basis about how awesome it is to cook with fresh ingredients.  I am now proud to introduce to the food blogging world - Chef Andie Pfleger.




"Potsuba" a blog and a dish by Andie 

Last night we had Potsuba for dinner- it's bowtie pasta with edamame, olives, tomato, bacon, and basil. 

I thought that my family needed more veggie intake, so this really helped.... this is my favorite because it's easy and we grow some of the stuff in it.  It's light, but gives you energy and it's super healthy but tastes great.  It can be a hot dinner or a cold salad - it's good both ways.

Cut 2 packages of baby tomatoes in two, cut 1 can black olives in fours,
steam edamame, add bacon bits, cook bowties in pot, pour in skillet, add
tomatoes, olives, edamame, bacon, pine nuts, and basil to skillet, serve hot or cold.


Way to go Andie!  I can't wait to try this dish myself.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME... I never thought of using edamame in pasta and with tomato.. Sheesh, We need ot get this girl Robuchon and Roux books. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Do tell me what you think!