I don't like to follow recipes.

I've had so many people ask me for my recipes, and the truth is, I don't have any - it all just comes out of my head in the moment. However, I do feel like I can give some guidelines to help you find your own talent for creating delicious, healthy, vitamin rich meals, while discovering a joy for cooking you may have never had.

*note - this totally doesn't work for baking - but we don't want sugar anyway! Let's cook!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Ricky Ricardo's Fave

Arroz con Pollo, whether the Cuban, Spanish, or Mexican version, is an old favorite of mine.  In an episode of I Love Lucy, the two switch roles and Ricky tries to prepare his favorite dish (Arroz con Pollo), using the measurements of one pound of rice per person... see what happens when you try to follow recipes?!

This is the quickest, need-to-whip-something-delicious-up meal out there!  You could even do it all in one pot.

I'm sure you're familiar with the American version - Chicken and Rice... throw in some spices from what ever latin country you like - BAM - Arrrrrrrrrroz con Pollo!

I tossed some brown rice in the rice-cooker to start. 

Heat skillet and add a dash of oil
(I chose olive oil)
Add spices
(I chose red onions, garlic)
Season chicken and add to skillet
(I sprinkled lemon pepper, and sea salt)
Squeeze of citrus while it cooks
(I chose oranges)


Slice fresh produce for salad on top
(I chose tomatoes, onions)
Add grilled veggie if you have it
(I had grilled asparagus)
Squeeze of citrus over dish
(I chose lime to make it tangy)

Turn on some Babalu and enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy. It makes me hungry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really easy! thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking delicious. I will try to cock this at home. Anyways, thanks for the share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ricardo never fails to surprise me, and this one is extra favorite because he has turned my favorite food?

    ReplyDelete

Do tell me what you think!